Contact Us: Ferndale 248-336-4000 ~ Detroit 313-861-4400
What is EPIC Exercise Physiology?
Exercise is a medical treatment, just like surgery or prescription drugs. Extensive scientific research and study prove it to be a powerful tool to help you manage or reduce your risk of chronic disease.Your EPIC doctor may refer you to our exercise physiologist to ensure you benefit from a medically sound, personalized exercise program.
How can an Exercise Physiologist impact your life?
Your EPIC Exercise Physiologist will lead you through a comprehensive program of health education and exercise. If high blood pressure or high cholesterol is a problem area, the EP knows the tools of the trade to assist you to meet program goals. Your EP will encourage and support you to stay on track with an exercise regimen and lifestyle changes, ease in performing activities of daily living, and making exercise an enjoyable as well as a permanent lifestyle practice.
Who will benefit?
People with conditions such as: diabetes, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, high cholesterol, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, COPD, Restrictive Airway disease, Emphysema, joint pain, bariatric surgery, weight reduction, rehabilitation from injury or surgery, or lifestyle change (new to exercise).
Meet Your EPIC Exercise Physiologist
Meet our EPIC Exercise Physiologist
Tyler Clouse is an Exercise Physiologist with Masters and BA degrees in Health Fitness/Exercise Science and Sports Administration from Central Michigan University. He has worked with patients ranging from high-level athletes to children and seniors. Tyler will use his advanced scientific training to design, implement and supervise your personal exercise program. He will also assess your progress and, working closely with your doctor, adjust the plan to ensure you of the best possible outcome.
What can you expect on your first visit?
During your 1st Exercise Physiologist Visit Our Exercise Physiologist will:
• Assess your current level of fitness and your past/current exercise habits.
• Put together short and long term care plans & goals
• Create a customized exercise program and discuss healthy habits
• Discuss continuing your exercise program and tracking your progress at home between visits
• Your EPIC Primary Care doctor will stop in for a short consultation during your visit
What should I wear to my first visit?
• Exercises tailored to you and your body will be a part of all sessions. Wear anything that you feel comfortable in while exercising, as well as comfortable shoes (joggers are ideal).
Sticking with it
1. Vary your routine so you don’t get bored.
2. Some soreness is typical, especially when you’re just getting started. Noticeable pain or swelling is a sign to stop & rest.
3. Exercise with a buddy. This can keep you and your friend motivated and on track.
4. Set a goal. Maybe your goal is a certain number of pounds lost or taking an inch off your waist. You’ll feel great once you hit your mark, and then it’s time to stretch yourself a little more.
5. Don’t stop! The benefits of exercise start to wear off in 2 weeks and can disappear in as little as 2 months.
6. Give yourself credit. Congratulate yourself with a small reward, like and exercise app or book. The best reward of all is feeling better about your healthy choices.